hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Rong-en Fan" <gra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: # of dfs replications when using hbase
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:57:14 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:43 AM, stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> Rong-en Fan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running hadoop hdfs 0.16.2 and hbase 0.1.0. I noticed that
> > even if I set dfs.repliaction to 1 in hadoop's config, it seems that
> > avg. block replication reported by hadoop fsck is ~3. I thought
> > it will 1 as my dfs configuration said so?
> >

>  You restarted after making the config. change?

I did so. I even rm -rf on dfs's dir and do namenode -format
before starting my dfs. hadoop fsck reports the default replication
is 1, avg. block replication is 2.9x after I wrote some data into
hbase. The underlying dfs is used by hbase. No other apps on
it.

> > So, does hbase will set its own replication factor and ignore what
> > dfs's default is?
> >

>  HBase does not (currently) do any configuration of HDFS; it runs with
> whatever you point it at.

Hmm... as far as I understand the hadoop FileSystem, you can
specify # of replication when creating a file. But I did not find hbase
use it, correct?

Regards,
Rong-En Fan