hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Save lists relating to records
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:24:03 GMT
I think the approach of using a column family for the list and a
column for each element is the way to go. It seems to be the most
HBase-y way to lay the schema out.

You can of course use multiple tables if you want, but we have no
joins of any kind implemented in HBase, so it'd be up to you to
perform the join yourself in application code.

Custom formatting would work too, but then you pay the cost of being
unable to look at and add manipulate items in the list individually,
so I'd also stay away from that.

-Bryan