hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hbase as an embedded.
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:31:13 GMT
I'd say give it a try.  It might just work.  If you set hbase.master to
be 'local', it runs all in a single process (master and
regionserver(s)).  Study the HMaster main to see what you need to do to
make a cluster fly and the HBaseCluster pointed to by Ryan below.  If
you find you need to change something to make it work, you can do it in
a subclass -- master and regionserver have had work done to make them
subclassable (See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ#14 for
subclassing example pointer) -- and/or file an issue so we can add in
the changes you needed to make.

St.Ack