hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Clint Morgan" <cm-pub...@troove.net>
Subject Question about hlog recovery.
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:14:56 GMT
I have a local cluster running, and its logging to
<hbase>/log_X.X.X.X_1213228101021_60020/

Then I kill both master and regionserver, and restart. Looking through
the logs I don't see anything about trying to recover from this hlog,
it just creates a new hlog alongside the existing one (with a new
startcode).  The older hlog seems to be ignored, and the tables
created in the inital session are all gone.

So is this the expected behavior? Log recovery only works if the
master survives to orchestrate the process?

-clint