hbase-user mailing list archives

From <chris.pater...@bt.com>
Subject RE: HBase with HDFS - Basic setup problem
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:37:20 GMT
Argh, sorry for the double-post!

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Paterson [mailto:cjrpaterson@googlemail.com]
Sent: 06 August 2008 14:32
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: HBase with HDFS - Basic setup problem

Afternoon all,

I'm attempting to setup HBase 0.1.3 to run on top of the Hadoop 0.17.1
DFS, however I'm having trouble. HBase is running at the moment (I can
enter the shell, and create/show tables), however stopping the HDFS has
no effect, therefore suggesting that HBase is running using the local
filesystem rather than the HDFS. I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

I'm not sure if attachments are allowed, so I'll add the files
in-line...

Below is my hbase-site.xml file:
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9000/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
    E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
    </description>
  </property>
    <property>
    <name>hbase.master</name>
    <value>local</value>
    <description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.
    A value of 'local' runs the master and a regionserver in
    a single process.
    </description>
  </property>
</configuration>

And my hadoop-site.xml:
 <property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9000</value>
 </property>

    <property>
        <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
        <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9001</value>
    </property>

 <property>
  <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
  <value>/usr/hadoop/hdfs/name</value>
 </property>

 <property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>/usr/hadoop/hdfs/data</value>
 </property>

    <property>
        <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>3</value>
    </property>

 <property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-Xmx2000m</value>
 </property>

 <property>
  <name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
  <description>10x number of slaves</description>
        <value>120</value>
    </property>

Regards,
Chris Paterson