hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase single-Node cluster config problem
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:56:53 GMT
Arber,

No, there is not. What you have to do is to add the new datanodes in your
slaves config file and manually start the new nodes processes. Requires a
bit of bash script reading to get to know what to do exactly. As the new
datanodes will start up, they will contact the Namenode and will start
receiving data (search the Hadoop mailing for more tips regarding
rebalancing, etc). The same applies to HBase for it's Regionservers.

J-D

P.S. Sorry if I messed up your name in my first email, I answered really
late last night.