hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Kosmos File System (KFS) and HBase
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:03:02 GMT
HBase shouldn't care what the actual implementation of the HDFS
FileSystem interface is.  We know it works against local and DFS.  Its
even been tried up on S3 (Check this lists Archive).  My guess is that
it will probably just work running against KFS.

Do you think it will make that much difference?  Chatting w/ Sriram,
IIRC, he thought that there might be a 30% improvement doing streaming
read/writes.  Random reading, he didn't really have a good number though
he thought it should perform better.

If you go this route, please let the list know how it went.

Good on you Krzysztof,
St.Ack