hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Paterson" <cjrpater...@googlemail.com>
Subject HBase with HDFS - Basic setup problem
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:31:33 GMT
Afternoon all,

I'm attempting to setup HBase 0.1.3 to run on top of the Hadoop 0.17.1
DFS, however I'm having trouble. HBase is running at the moment (I can
enter the shell, and create/show tables), however stopping the HDFS
has no effect, therefore suggesting that HBase is running using the
local filesystem rather than the HDFS. I'd really appreciate any
suggestions!

I'm not sure if attachments are allowed, so I'll add the files in-line...

Below is my hbase-site.xml file:
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9000/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
    E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
    </description>
  </property>
    <property>
    <name>hbase.master</name>
    <value>local</value>
    <description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.
    A value of 'local' runs the master and a regionserver in
    a single process.
    </description>
  </property>
</configuration>

And my hadoop-site.xml:
 <property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9000</value>
 </property>

    <property>
        <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
        <value>hdfs://127.0.0.1:9001</value>
    </property>

 <property>
  <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
  <value>/usr/hadoop/hdfs/name</value>
 </property>

 <property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>/usr/hadoop/hdfs/data</value>
 </property>

    <property>
        <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>3</value>
    </property>

 <property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-Xmx2000m</value>
 </property>

 <property>
  <name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
  <description>10x number of slaves</description>
        <value>120</value>
    </property>

Regards,
Chris Paterson