hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Sell" <trs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with NotServingRegionException
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:40:52 GMT
I've encountered what I think is the same problem.

We have the same setup as Nickolai, 3 machines each with a region
server, with one machine acting as the master as well.

With debug mode on.

We were bootstrapping data into it. After a while in one of the region
server logs we got an info: NotServingRegionException when a
batchUpdate was called. This occurred directly after the region was
closed because of a split.

Then eventually my thrift client crashed because thrift wasn't returning.

I understand until recently the logs were filled with warnings about
this during every split while a region was temporarily offline so to
speak? it would figure itself out once the region was opened, but
logging these warnings was removed because it was confusing people?

This isn't one of those warnings, it's the only
NotServingRegionException in my logs.
I'm using this morning's trunk.

I've attached my master and region server logs, if anyone can help. It
happens around the 2008-08-05 12:06 mark.

I added some blank lines to help you find where the activity stopped.
(there is about a 30 minute gap in the region server logs afterwards
as there were no more input to be compacted, split, etc).

[Towards the end there is some irrelevant stuff logged because I was
fiddling in the hbase shell. ignore that]

~Tim.