hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Gray" <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject RE: Hbase ORM any one interested?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:53:08 GMT
Serializing objects (of any language) and storing them as byte[] in HBase is
fully-supported and being used by quite a few people.

If that's all you plan on doing, you may not need a full ORM solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: arungabriel [mailto:arun.gabriel08@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 6:13 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hbase ORM any one interested?

Beautiful that you have thought of doing an ORM for HBase.

We are planning to store  Serializable objects (which holds state) in HBase
as byte array. We would like to use the information for scheduling purposes.
Is this really possible practically?  Or can i get the String values in the
object and persist using the ORM?

It would be great if you could share the ORM with us. Let me share with you
what i came up with :-)