hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HBase for small data sets
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 01:22:23 GMT
Also there are other distributed filesystems than Hadoop DFS
supported by the Hadoop FS abstraction layer, such as KFS.
(Are the IBM Almaden folks running HBase on KFS?) So depending
on the random read performance of the underlying file system
query response times will differ, and maybe improve over that
achievable when running on top of HDFS.

   - Andy