hbase-user mailing list archives

From Przemek <prze...@subrecord.org>
Subject Re: scanning with custom filter problem
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:57:15 GMT
stack wrote:
> Can you just add static logging to Filter?  Especially around
> construction and in the read/write methods used serializing?  Hopefully
> will turn up a clue as to whats going on.
> St.Ack

I had done so before the previous post. That's why I knew only write()
was invoked. I've got even a test for the serialization (similar to the
ones you have in HBase tests) and it works. Same for the constructor.
I'm having hard times with that :( I was testing that on Linux and Win32
so it has nothing to do with the environment. Is anybody using custom
filters? If I could adapt one of the core filters it would be cool, but
I doubt any of those can meet my requirements. Basically I wanna apply
some expression on each RowResult so I need to be given a RowResult and
decide if I accept that one or not. Of course I need to have that
elimination not on the client side. The thing is I wanna use any column
and eval my own expression (MVEL, OGNL, etc), so ColumnValueFilter is
not suitable here I guess.

Przemek

--
SubRecord - Enterprise Aspects Stack