hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeyun Noh" <metal...@gmail.com>
Subject Other CC examined in HBase transaction model?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 18:19:56 GMT
Hi,

I looked at the source codes implemented to support Multi-region transaction
feature. (HBASE-669)
It uses optimistic concurrency control. Did any guys consider other CC like
timestamp-based CC or multiversion CC?

I think it's okay in read-dominated and relatively short transaction
workloads. In other case, is MVCC more scalable rather than OCC?
What do you think of pros/cons of other concurrency control schemes in Hbase
transactions?

Just I'm curious that hbase transaction uses other CCs or not.

Regards,
Jaeyun Noh.