hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jaeyun Noh" <metal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: map reduce range of records from hbase table
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 04:01:23 GMT
Thx.

BTW, it seems that the output format (subclass of
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputFormat) of MR job can only be a file. Can we
define our own file format which hbase clients can access?

My goal is to implement filter-enabled table scanner which runs by
multi-process clients using MR. I'm trying to leverage MR since the
ClientScanner class of HTable sequencially access Hregion and thus involves
multiple round trips btw servers and clients.