hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Rong-en Fan" <gra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "i usually see lots of compation work after I restart hbase cluster after running for some time."
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 02:12:59 GMT
The log does not indicate if this is a major one, one has to enable
debug log to see that. I will set up another cluster for test this. I
also check HRS code in branch-0.18 and agree that we didn't persist on
the major compaction period (default 1 day). We only request the
compact at 1) region open and 2) region split/merge, at which we check
the last major compaction time.

After I confirm the compaction I see at start up are all majors, I
will file an issue.

Thanks, stack!

Regards,
Rong-En Fan