hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Slava Gorelik" <slava.gore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase / Hadoop Tuning
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:06:58 GMT
Hi.Thank you for quick response.
We are using 7 machines (6 RedHat 5 and 1 is SuSe interprise 10).
Each machine is : 4 CPU with 4gb ram and 200gb HD, connected with 1gb
network interface.
All machines in the same rec. On one machine (master) we are running Tomcat
with one webapp
that is adding 100000 rows. Nothing else is running. When no webapp running
the CPU load is less the 1%.

We are using Hbase 0.18.0 and Hadoop 0.18.0.
Hbase cluster is one master and 6 region servers.

Row addition is done by BatchUpdate and commint into single column family.
The data is simple bytes array (1400 bytes each row).

Thank You and Best Regards.