hbase-user mailing list archives

From michael.dag...@gmail.com
Subject Question on Multimap
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:55:10 GMT
Hi, all

Let there is a "People" table and its column family "Personal Details"
contains name, address, email etc. For instance, "Personal Details:name"
column contains value "Michael". Now I have to support multiple names for
the same person. For instance, I want the "Personal Details:name" column to
contain a list of values: "Michael", "Mike", "Misha", etc. I would not like
to use timestamps/versions for that. I would not like to implement a list
as a single string with delimiters (eg "Michael,Mike,Misha" ) either.

How would you suggest implementing that?

Thank you for your cooperation,
M.