hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dru Jensen <drujen...@gmail.com>
Subject rowcounter fails - Region closed
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:47:43 GMT
I have a table that has 20+ million rows.  I tried to run rowcounter
MR process against it but one of the task attempts fail on the
following exception:

java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Region metrics,Game Face|
News,1226620888277 closed
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.getScanner(HRegion.java:
1336)
	at
org
.apache
.hadoop
.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.openScanner(HRegionServer.java:1175)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:554)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:888)

I checked .meta. and I don't see this region online.  Should it be?
Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dru