hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to read mapreduce output in HDFS directory from Web Application
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:24:55 GMT
Alex,

It's a HBase design goal to be able to answer to live non-relational
queries. True, up to 0.18, performance was not the priority but 0.19 will be
MUCH faster. Also, more and more websites use HBase in a production
environment, see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy

Regards the JDBC connectivity, it's not currently in HBase's roadmap since
the data model is not relational.

J-D