hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on Availability
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 14:52:39 GMT
Michael,

The Namenode is also a SPOF.

On keeping a separate cluster for failover, until we add higher
availability, it depends on how much uptime you need to provide I guess. I
personally never saw a machine hosting a Master failing, so I'm not sure on
how clean it can be regards the META, but I think that just closing your
region servers, changing the config for the master then restart the cluster
with a new master would be nearly enough provided that the Namenode was
hosted on another machine. Maybe Jim or Stack can confirm?

J-D