hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Alves <dal...@student.dei.uc.pt>
Subject Again UnknowScannerException
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:55:06 GMT
Hi

	I've seen this issue a lot in the mailing list, but I still have a
doubt.
	My map tasks keep failing with unknownscannerexception (2 map tasks
on same node over a 3 node cluster with 4Gb mem, scanning almost 40
GBs of data, running hadoop 0.18.0, and hbase 0.18.0), this happened
in the past, but as it passed 50% of the times rarely a M/R task
completely failed, as the data increased the USE now completely
prevents the maps from running to completion. I'm only scanning the
table, there are no inserts at the same time.
	I've previouly seen mentioned a lease period I could increase. Is
this the "hbase.regionserver.lease.period" property? Should I upgrade
to hbase 0.18.1, and if so must I also update hadoop?

Regards
David Alves