hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject lost regions
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:12:55 GMT
I was testing Clint Morgan's tableindexed region server patch on top of 0.19 on our 25 node
cluster but had to back out after, over time, a number of regions went offline. Occasionally
when the balancer would do a region reassignment a region would get lost. As the region load
therefore dropped over time, the frequency of lost regions increased as more nodes became
imbalanced causing more reassignment. I had not gotten to the point of actually using any
indexed or transactional table functionality so I do not think that factors in.

Anybody seen anything like this on 0.19?

   - Andy