hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Regionserver fails to serve region
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:31:44 GMT
Slava Gorelik wrote:
> One more regarding the blockCache, how changes in store files (as i
> understand those are MapFiles) are reflected on client side cache. If we are
> talking about more than one client that doing a changes ? If each client has
> different part of the MapFile ? or something else ?

The block cache cache is over in the server. Its a cache for store files
which never change once written.  Did I say client-side cache?  I should
have been more clear.  The client in this case is the regionserver
itself.   The cache is so the regionserver saves on its trips over the
network visiting datanodes.
St.Ack