hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: How to start a Configuration (Java API) with a specific file?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:18:33 GMT
You know about the HBASE_CONF_DIR environment variable?  You could set
it to point to different locations when you launch your job.

Doing it in code, it depends on the context.  Be sure to read the
addResource code and see how it works (there are configurations that
cannot be overridden).  Then, make sure that there are not other
hbase-*.xml files ahead of yours in the CLASSPATH (Check job jars for
bundled hbase-*.xmls).  Using names other than hbase-*.xml might also
help IIRC.

St.Ack