hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@revenuescience.com>
Subject Writing map output files to local file system
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:32:40 GMT
Can I write the output of the map processes directly to a local
files-system without the need to use copyToLocal?

I'm trying the following but the map reduce still writes the output to
the HDFS  path

RawLocalFileSystem rlfs = new RawLocalFileSystem();

rlfs.setWorkingDirectory(new Path("/home/hadoop/test"));

FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(c, rlfs.getWorkingDirectory());

Identical to when I was using:

FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(c, new Path("/home/hadoop/test"));

Thanks

-Yair