hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems running hbase on dfs
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:06:27 GMT
Hello Thibaut,

What does the log in the corresponding data node show?

It does look like a jar version mismatch problem to me (EOF
or socket timeout exceptions during RPC are a strong
indicator of that), but as you say you have already checked
into this. All the same perhaps you should verify again
that things are running from the paths/directories you
expect and that every instance of the Hadoop and HBase jar
files are exactly the same, using md5sum or similar.

Thanks,

   - Andy