hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Mekin Maheshwari" <meki...@gmail.com>
Subject Conditional scan by multiple columns
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:48:58 GMT
Hi,
I am a newbie, just got HBase installed and started playing with it.

I want to perform something akin to :

select rows where columnFamilyA:columnM = 'X' and  columnFamilyB:columnN =
'Y'

>From what I have read, I would probably need to write a MapReduce task for
this, possibly using GroupingTableMap

Before I embark on doing this, I wanted to understand if:
1. Is this is the right way to proceed, or am I missing other simpler ways
of achieving this.
2. What would be the performance implications of having queries with very
different column's. Would I need to ensure that I have an index   on all
columns? What could be the size implications ?

To give you an idea of the eventual setup I want to be running this on:
Approx # of rows - 3Million
Number of column families : 20
Number of columns would range from 50 to 30,000

Thanks a ton,
Mekin

--
Product I help build - http://weRead.com