hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pigi project
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:11:44 GMT
> Your projects
> are not like the others posted -- projects built on hbase that augment and
> add facility -- but instead are projects that use hbase.

Hmm, Additionally.....

Matrices are basically tables. They are ways of storing numbers and
other things. Typical matrix has rows and columns. Actually called a
2-way matrix because it has two dimensions. For example, you might
have respondents-by-attitudes. Of course, you might collect the same
data on the same people at 5 points in time. In that case, you either
have 5 different 2-way matrices, or you could think of it as a 3-way
matrix, that is respondent-by-attitude-by-time.

So, Why not store the 3-way matrix to hbase row-column-time table?
Isnot hama a project built on hbase? :)

Yours, Edward

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org