hbase-user mailing list archives

From "yonatan maman" <yonat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is considered as best / worst practice?
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:33:06 GMT
I want to have to use HBAse to implement
(Entity-attribute-value_model<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity-attribute-value_model>),
in RDBM it looks like :

col1: entityID

col2: attributeName

col3: value

Will it be reasoniable to have one Hbase table like this:

entityID as row key
attr as column family

so suppose I have 2 entities:
e1: has 2 attibutes: a1 with value v1 and a2 with value v2
e2: has 2 attibutes: a1 wuth value  v11 and a3 with value v33

e1--->attr:a1=v1, attr:a2=v2
e2--->attr:a1=v11, attr:a3=v33

I guess the number of different sohuld be low hundred (as suggested by
stack). will this 'bug' taken care now ? what will be the limit wfter it
will be fixed ?

-- Yonatan