hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CompactSplitThread Exception and other questions
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:35:09 GMT
Hi Thibaut,

You should try running with a full compliment of region servers
and see if the problem persists. HBase is reliant on correct
functioning of DFS. If it is overloaded, any number of problems
can occur.

Also, you must be sure that your table is created with bloom
filters enabled BEFORE any data is stored into the table. If
you create a table without bloom filters, then store data, then
try to alter the schema to enable bloom filters, you will see
the exceptions you report at compaction time.

   - Andy