hbase-user mailing list archives

From jason hadoop <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embarrassing question on open files limit
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:59:37 GMT
No, changes to /etc/security/limits.conf take effect on the next LOGIN of
the user in question.
ie: login sessions and the processes created by those login sessions use the
contents of the /etc/security/limits.conf that was in effect at the time of
login.

Change the file, log out and log back in and your changes are in effect.