hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject ganglia metrics for 'requests'
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 07:04:45 GMT
Hi all,

So I eventually figured out that HBase is reporting the 'request' metric in
X second increments - 10 in my case from the config file.  Unfortunately
that doesn't really seem to be an ideal solution...

So I messed about, and I tried to replicate what was done in Hadoop
Datanode, but all I ended up with was a counter of how many requests - not a
rate.

So I can't figure this out - how do we get a request rate in ganglia?  Is
there a magic flag that needs to be set somewhere so ganglia can transform a
counter into a rate?

Or do we just need to do more work dividing our requests by how many seconds
between reporting intervals?

helpppp!
-ryan