hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: MR Job question
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:53:01 GMT
I think time as part of the row key will be a fairly common practise; if it
suits your access pattern, go for it.

Regards how to get rid of all rows inserted three months ago, since your
keys have timestamp embedded, can you not scan your table deleting all
timestamps older than 3months?   Or, alter your table adding a timeout on
the column of 3 months and then bring your table back on line.  At the next
major compaction, once a day if default, cells older than 3 months will be
deleted.

St.Ack