hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in .20-dev : NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:21:12 GMT
Oh, I misread the wiki.

I can't hop on IRC right now, but I may be able to later. I forgot
about chat help :) I guess if this question gets too unwieldy, I'll
jump on.

Running "echo ruok | nc masternode 2181"  returns "imok" :)

running 'stat' from my regionservers returns:
Zookeeper version: 3.1.0--1, built on 03/05/2009 20:16 GMT
Clients:
 /127.0.0.1:42516[1](queued=0,recved=136,sent=136)
 /192.168.18.47:47238[1](queued=0,recved=0,sent=0)

Latency min/avg/max: 1/4/9
Sent: 142
Outstanding: 0
Zxid: 0x69f
Mode: standalone
Node count: 6

And running a dump:

visibleuser@dttest02:~/hbase/trunk$ echo dump | nc dttest01 2181
SessionTracker dump:
Session Sets (3):
0 expire at Thu Apr 30 15:17:39 PDT 2009:
0 expire at Thu Apr 30 15:17:42 PDT 2009:
1 expire at Thu Apr 30 15:17:45 PDT 2009:
	81338653009313792

ephemeral nodes dump:
Sessions with Ephemerals (1):
0x120f912ef210000:
	/hbase/master

Also, the page on :60100 loads, and gives me a bunch of lines like this:

Trying to contact region server null for region , row '', but failed
after 10 attempts.
Exceptions:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Timed out
trying to locate root region

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Nitay <nitayj@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you trying to run? You don't need to run ZooKeeper to use those
> commands I pointed at.
>
> Do you use IRC at all (#hbase)? We can probably troubleshoot this a lot
> better via that, and then post the results here.
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Bradford Stephens <
> bradfordstephens@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Getting a lot of classpath problems trying to run Zookeeper.... the
>> one thing I hate the most about Java :)
>>
>> BTW, are Hadoop .19.1 and HBase .20-dev compatible?
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Nitay <nitayj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Yes that seems fine. What is hbase.master.hostname set to in
>> hbase-site.xml?
>> > That is where ZooKeeper should be runing, i.e. your node with HMaster and
>> > HQuorumPeer. Can you connect to that node at port 2181? Try the ZK admin
>> > commands:
>> >
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands

>> connect

>> type