hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: NotReplicatedYetException sleeping
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:11:12 GMT

Hi Billy,

It makes sense to me that you'd see this on the HLogs
first. HDFS blocks are allocated most frequently for
them, except during compaction.

Seems like a classic sign of DFS stress to me. What are
your configuration details in terms of max open files,
maximum xceiver limit, and datanode handlers?

   - Andy