hbase-user mailing list archives

From <andrew.whar...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: State of HA
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:50:08 GMT
I am trying to parse this: are you implying that I can expect a 20% ("1 out of 5 or so") success
getting HA to work with this code?

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of ext stack
Sent: 01 June, 2009 13:27
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: State of HA

You can pull TRUNK and try it with HADOOP-4379.

The master failover works as J-D suggests.  It needs some polish but thats
on its way.  The HADOOP-4379 will get you a sync that works most of the time
(1 out of 5 or so in my testing) but hopefully that'll be addressed soon
too.  You'll also need HBASE-1470.   Its the bit of code that exploits
HADOOP-4379 when configuration is set right).

If you need help setting up stuff, you know where to find us.  Issues we
want to hear about because we're hoping to tell the above as part of our
0.20.0 release story.

Yours,
St.Ack