hbase-user mailing list archives

From llpind <sonny_h...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequent changing rowkey - HBase insert
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 00:51:48 GMT

Thanks Ryan, well done.

I have no experience using Thrift gateway, could you please provide some
actual code here or in your blog post?  I'd love to see how your method
compares with mine.

Last night I was able to do ~58 million records in ~1.6 hours using the
HBase Java API directly.  But with this new data, I'm seeing much slower
times.  After reading around, it appears it's because my row key now changes
often, whearas before it was constant for some time (more columns).  Thanks
again. :)