hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Gray" <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying the role of HBase Versions
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 05:31:23 GMT
Ryan,

You are currently only storing the latest nickname, not all 3?  I'm trying
to understand your use case exactly.

Whether you want to use versions or not depends on what you want to do
with these multiple values.

Versions are intended for versioning, as in, multiple values for the same
column that are timestamped and sorted with most recent first.

It seems from what you said that versions will work nicely.  With the new
API in the upcoming 0.20, there is much better support dealing with
multiple versions.

JG