hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xinan Wu <wuxi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trunk code, RetriesExhaustedException
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:56:11 GMT
follow up on this issue..

this is probably caused by an earlier Hmaster kill(possibly with -9
signal) so that a lot of entries are left in .META. table even if i
removed all tables and did a major_compact on .META. table...  sort of
related to HBASE-1383. With this weird .META. table, sometimes rpc
call fails at HConnectionManager.java locateRegionInMeta(...)
server.getClosestRowBefore(...) returning null with perfect legitimate
regionname and metakey.

solved by completely recreating hbase directory in hdfs.

Xinan