hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ishaaq Chandy <ish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a row to an hbase table
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 05:32:09 GMT

"myrow" is just the row identifier, it could really be String (or byte[])
that uniquely identifies the row. When creating a new row you choose your
own identifier. This identifier should be guaranteed to be unique - as to
what it is - that would depend on your domain model.

I use UUIDs - which are virtually unique for all practical purposes.

Ishaaq