hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase Error
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:04:59 GMT
(First, thanks for updating the thrift wiki pages on hbase)

You need to add the hbase conf directory to HADOOP_CLASSPATH, not
hbase-site.xml.

But, adding hbase-site.xml into the HADOOP conf dir should have done it.

Does the below need a port?

>    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>
>    <value>hdfs://elroy/hbase</value>

I'm guessing you are running the shell on the master node?

If you run it from other than master passing the --master=HOST:PORT
argument, does that work?

Thanks John,
St.Ack

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM, John I. Noecker Jr. <jnoecker@proteuseng.com