hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Region server stopped working or lose connection while running out of memory? (HBASE0.20)
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 05:30:33 GMT
Hi there,

We have hadoop cluster with only 3PCs. Two are region sever with only 1GB
and 2GB RAM.
I wonder whether the region server had lost connection or stopped working
while running out of its memory.
Once I had restarted HBASE, for a while, it worked again.
If you don't stop putting data to HBase, the full cached region server,
will have no time to convert
its cached to HDFS, then it will become untouchable. Is my thinking
correct?

Fleming
                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its