hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Pérez-Linaza <ape...@vertical-tech.com>
Subject RE: HBase in a real world application
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:18:26 GMT
You might want to check out www.rackspacecloud.com where you can get boxes and pay by the hour
(as cheap as $0.015 / hour for a 256Mb box).  We used it a couple of weeks ago to setup a
MySQL Cluster test and ended up having around 18 boxes.  Memory can be changed from 256Mb
to 16Gb in a couple of minutes.  They also have various flavors to choose from.

The bottom line is that we love it and it solves the problem of the "test boxes" that you
would need right away.

Have fun,

Alex

Alejandro Pérez-Linaza
CEO
Vertical Technologies, LLC
aperez@vertical-tech.com
www.vertical-tech.com
9600 NW 25th Street, Suite 4A
Miami, FL 33172
Office: (786) 206-0554 x 108
Toll Free: (866) 382-8918
Fax: (305) 328-5063

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted