hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:34:13 GMT
1. If you have formatted your namenode before starting the first time, thats
all thats needed.

2. To start from scratch, delete everything thats there in the directory
where you are pointing your hdfs to; format namenode again; start all

3. If it still doesnt work, look at the namenode logs to see whats
happening. Post it here if you cant figure it out.

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong
<huongngtn@gmail.com>wrote:

> >You dont need to format the namenode everytime.. Just bin/start-all.sh
>
> Really? Just bin/start-all.sh, namnode is not started (when I type command
> "jps", there are only 5 processes
> 3421 SecondaryNameNode
> 3492 JobTracker
> 3582 TaskTracker
> 4031 Jps
> 3325 DataNode, there isn't Namenode process)
> and certainly, the page http://localhost:50070 is died and connection from
> Hbase to hadoop is died, too
>

> 2009/8/21 Amandeep Khurana <amansk@gmail.com>
>
> > On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong
> > <huongngtn@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks you very much. I editted file hbase-site.xml as follow
> > >
> > > <property>
> > >    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
> > >     <value>hdfs://localhost:54310/hbase</value>
> > >     <description>The directory shared by region servers.
> > >    Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
> > >    E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
> > >    </description>
> > >  </property>
> > >
> > > with fs.default.name is hdfs://localhost:54310
> > > Now, I can see hbase database in Hadoop site manager (in "hbase"
> > directory
> > > not "tmp" directory in hdfs ).
> > > However, when I restart my computer, I must restart hadoop (by command
> > > ./bin/hadoop format namenode and ./bin/start all) , restart hbase, and
> my
> > > database is lost. What can I do to save my database?
> > >

> > You dont need to format the namenode everytime.. Just bin/start-all.sh

> configured

> > store

> org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.create(ChecksumFileSystem.java:358)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.setVersion(FSUtils.java:141)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:210)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
> > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:96)
> > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:78)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1013)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster:
> > > Can
> > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.create(ChecksumFileSystem.java:358)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.setVersion(FSUtils.java:141)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:210)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
> > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:96)
> > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:78)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1013)
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)

> > > hbase-site.xml

> > > into

> > > setup

I don't