hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lucas Nazário dos Santos <nazario.lu...@gmail.com>
Subject Data loss
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:30:38 GMT
Hi,

I have a very small table under HBase that I use to store control data of my
program. If HBase crashes and I have to kill it, the table goes away.
However, I can still see the table inside HDFS.

What is more interesting is that if I stop HBase properly, the table seems
to be persisted and I don't lose it anymore as consequence of a crash.

Because the table is very small, I think it's not being flushed to HDFS (the
table itself or/and the meta info). I try to flush everything with
HTable#flushCommits and HBaseAdmin#flush with no success. Does anybody has
already gone through it? How can a flush EVERYTHING to HDFS so I won't lose
data as consequence of a kill -9? Any special configuration inside
hbase-site.xml?

I'm using HBase 0.20.0 RC2 together with Hadoop 0.20.0.

Thanks,
Lucas