hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication of -ROOT- and .META. directories
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:48:23 GMT
It wouldn't hurt as you mention for increased tolerance of loss of data nodes. But the clients
cache ROOT and META so read performance gain will be negligible.

   - Andy

________________________________
From: Alexandra Alecu <alexandra.alecu@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:05:06 PM
Subject: Replication of -ROOT- and .META. directories

Hi guys,

Would you recommend using 'hadoop fs -setrep' on the -ROOT- and .META.
directories under /hbase to increase the replication?
Intuitively this would give a better chance in case of hardware/region
failure or even could give faster access to the data regions? However I am
not sure if I am right in my intuition and if this would benefit HBase or
not.

Thanks,
Alexandra.