hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:08:59 GMT
It looks like the "HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META." bug has
reappeared in RC1. We're trying to do a large load -- 100GB on 19
nodes. Our boxes are 8 core, 8 GB RAM, and we've tuned the GC and
kernel with every suggestion I found in the wiki and mailing list.

I've included every log I can think of :
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RyTmZVdVU1bml4dnc9PQ

"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to
contact region server Some server for region , row
'E3652782193BC8D66A0BA1629D0FAAAB', but failed after 11 attempts.
Exceptions:
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.
java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in .META.

       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionLocationForRowWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:995)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.processBatchOfRows(HConnectionManager.java:1025)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:584)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:450)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:1738)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:1719)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableOutputFormat$TableRecordWriter.write(TableOutputFormat.java:74)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapred.TableOutputFormat$TableRecordWriter.write(TableOutputFormat.java:54)
       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$DirectMapOutputCollector.collect(MapTask.java:576)
       at com.visible.generatefromcsv.FromCSVMapper.map(FromCSVMapper.java:81)
       at com.visible.generatefromcsv.FromCSVMapper.map(FromCSVMapper.java:1)
       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:50)
       at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:356)
"
--
http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science