hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xine Jar <xineja...@googlemail.com>
Subject number of tablets and hbase table size
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:53:09 GMT
Hallo,
I have a cluster of 6 nodes running hadoop0.19.3 and hbase 0.19.1. I have
managed to write small programs to test the settings and everything seems to
be fine.

I wrote a mapreduce program reading a small hbase table (100 rows, one
familiy colum, 6 columns) and summing some values. In my opinion the job is
slow, it
is taking 19sec. I would like to look closer what is going, if the table is
plit into tablets or not ...Therefore I appreciate if someone can answer my
following questions:

*Q1 -Does  the value of "hbase.hregion.max.filesize" in the
hbase-default.xml indicate the maximum size of a tablet in bytes?

Q2- How can I know the size of the hbase table I have created? (I guess the
"Describe" command from the shell does not provide it)

Q3- Is there a way to know the real number of tablets constituting my table?

Q4- Is there a way to get more information on the tablets handeled by each
regionserver? (their number, the rows constituting each tablet)   *

Thank you for you help,
CJ