hbase-user mailing list archives

From Keith Thomas <keith.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Request for example use of incrementColumnValue() with Put
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 23:11:20 GMT

The application I am building against HBase has a need for simple numeric
keys, the key for the first row inserted into a table should be 1, the
second row 2, etc.

I am working on HBase 0.20 RC1 using this excellent example as my template,

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-1/docs/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/package-summary.html#package_description

I think I want to take advantage of incrementColumnValue() but I am unable
to working out how to use this HTable method in conjunction with the use of
Put as described in the article linked above.

I am very much at the stage of conscious incompetence in my use of HBase at
the moment so I apologize if this question seems muddled.