hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject Re: Schema design: change a primary key on a row?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:46:35 GMT
Kevin,

Not sure I follow the use case 100% but I think you're on the right
track.  There are no UPDATES or mutations of any kind in HBase, only
INSERTS.  A delete is actually the insertion of a DELETE record.

One thing to be cautious of... There can be indeterminate behavior if
you are manually setting the version timestamps of your cells while
doing row/family deletes.  If you don't manually set the timestamp (you
have stamp in the key so I'm thinking you don't), then you don't need to
worry about it.

JG